This website is provided by the Asia Offshore Energy Conference (AOEC) and is administered by its Organising Committee. A list of the current members of the Organising Committee can be found here. AOEC is a registered society under the laws of the Republic of Singapore.
1. Data Collection and Use
- We collect and use your personal data to allow us to provide and deliver the Asia Offshore Energy Conference (“Conference“). We only collect personal data about you that we consider reasonably necessary for achieving this purpose.
- If you choose to attend the Conference, we will require you to provide contact and identity information and other personal data as indicated on the forms throughout the Site. Where possible, we will indicate which fields are mandatory and which fields are optional.
- In general, we collect and use your personal data to facilitate both our provision of the Conference and your attendance at the Conference as requested by you. We will maintain an electronic record of your personal data. We will collect, use and retain the data in your file, and such other data that we may obtain from time to time in connection with your current and past activities on the Site, for as long as the purpose for which the data is collected continues or where otherwise necessary for legal purposes or the purposes of our normal operations. Thereafter, we will destroy or delete the data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you. The abovementioned purposes may include but are not limited to: resolving disputes; troubleshooting problems; collecting conferences fees and other charges owed to us; conducting surveys, obtaining delegate or Site user feedback and measuring delegate/Site user interest in our products and services; communicating with you; customising and optimising your experience on the Site; detecting and protecting us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; and such other purposes as may be notified to you before or at the time of collection or use of the data.
- We may also look across multiple users to identify problems or resolve disputes, and in particular, we may examine your personal data to identify users using multiple user-IDs or aliases. We may also compare and review your personal data for errors, omissions and/or accuracy.
- Under some circumstances, we may require certain financial information from you in relation to payment of conference charges. We use your financial information only to verify the accuracy of your name, address, and other information, to confirm receipt of conference fees and charges, to detect any fraud or other criminal activity, and to bill you for the Conference fees and charges.
- We automatically track certain information based upon your behaviour on the Site. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve our users in general and you in particular. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on the Site or not), which URL you next access (whether this URL is on the Site or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address.
- When you register as a Conference delegate, we will keep and use your email address to keep you informed about the Conference that your are attending and also to inform you about future Conference and any other events that we may organise, including offers, products, services, and updates and send you any e-newsletters which we may publish form time to time.
- If you change your mind at any time and wish to un-subscribe from our email distribution list you may easily do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Sharing with and Disclosure to Third Parties
- As a matter of policy, your personal data will not be shared or disclosed to third parties (whether for their marketing purposes or otherwise) without your consent. However, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data to our third party service providers (including the hotel/resort which is hosting the Conference and any third party service provider which hosts or manages data from this Site; Paypal, credit, debit and charge card companies, banks and other entities processing payment instructions given by you through this Site; lawyers; auditors; and any other agents or subcontractors acting on our behalf), government or regulatory authorities, and/or any other purpose for which you have consented to, whether within or outside of Singapore, to the extent required in the normal course and scope of our operation in the provision of the Conference, and where required or permitted by applicable law, statute, stock exchange regulation or by-law, regulatory or governmental order or court order. Our promoters and venue operators may in turn disclose your personal data to their third party service providers (including any third party service provider who hosts or manages data for and on their behalf, and who may be based within or outside of Singapore), to the extent required for or related to the carrying out of Conference or other event administration or any other purpose for which you have consented to.
- Your privacy is important to us. We believe that we have put in place reasonable security arrangements (commensurate with AOEC’s status as a non-profit making informal oil and gas insurance industry body) to protect your privacy and personal data, in such manner and to such extent as we deem reasonably appropriate to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. However, there is no such thing as “perfect security” and we do not guarantee in any way, and you should not expect, that your personal data or private communications will always remain private and/or safe from any abuse or misuse by third parties.
- Your personal data to be used by us is stored both on the servers which host the Site, and on computers/emails accounts used both by our third party service providers and by members of AOEC’s Organising Committee, which personal data may be located in or outside of Singapore.
- As “perfect security” does not exist, AOEC does not represent or warrant that there will not be, and hereby disclaims any responsibility or liability directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with, any loss, theft, or unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar actions with regard to any data held or maintained by us or by our third party service providers.
- You are advised to contact email@example.com if you wish to find out how we (And our third party service providers) store your personal data.
4. Accessing and Updating your Data
- If you wish to access, update or otherwise change or remove any personal data that you provide for AOEC’s use, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Links to other websites
- The Site may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that AOEC and the AOEC Organising Committee is not responsible for the practices of such other websites. When you leave the website you should ensure that you read the privacy policies of websites you visit.
- The Site also contains downloadable content. Please be aware that AOEC and the AOEC Organising Committee makes no assurances as to, and is not in any way responsible for, the security or content of any material which you download from this Site.
7. Governing Law
8. Contact AOEC